Grant Applications From Charities
Become a Foundation Funder
Most active family foundations select and fund charities through a grant application process. Now Canada Gives Foundations can join these leading funders in the not for profit sector.
By listing your Canada Gives Foundation Profile in Grant Connect, an innovative foundation directory developed by Imagine Canada, your Foundation will receive requests from charities akin to a job application.
Before hiring an employee, cover letters and resumes give you an idea of the experience, skills and fit of potential candidates.
Likewise, a grant application is a simple, standardized way to learn more about charities whose work aligns with your interests, and empowers you to evaluate whether or not you’d like to support them.
Contact Canada Gives to explore whether this service will help you expand your Foundation’s reach and impact in the not for profit sector.
Benefits of Having a Grant Connect Listing
Effective Philanthropy. Purposeful engagement.
- Broaden your knowledge of the organizations working on the issues you care about.
- Focus your funding according to where the greatest need for your support exists, using concrete evidence provided by applicants.
- Be the first to learn about strategies being undertaken to solve the most pressing issues in your community and around the world.
- Learn of amazing organizations you may not otherwise hear about.
- Decide how to allocate your gifts based on which charities achieve the greatest outcomes for your dollars spent.
- Once you have more in depth understanding of a charity’s programs, you may want to donate your time and talent too.
Here is How It Works
- Your Foundation Profile describes your funding interests, any restrictions and preferences you have, your mission statement and measures of success
- Your PRIVACY is maintained. Only Your Foundation account # is listed on your Profile; Canada Gives acts as the intermediary contact for all requests
- Call /Email Canada Gives to confirm your interest.
- A Foundation Profile will be created for you, with your approval, and sent to Imagine Canada.
- All grant applications will be received by Canada Gives on your behalf, and forwarded to you.
- You will review and decide which organizations you want to support and advise Canada Gives.
- Canada Gives will send the cheques and letters to the charities you select; we will also send regrets to those you decline.