Expanding Your Advisory Role
The Canada Gives Advantage for Advisors
Recent tax changes on donations and securities has resulted in donors making larger gifts to their charities and increased interest in planned giving.
Your advice can play a valuable role in helping your clients create a tax efficient charitable giving strategy. Canada Gives is a charitable foundation set up to manage Donor Advised Fund accounts (DAF’s), the fastest growing donation vehicle for committed philanthropists.
- Your client can set up a DAF “Foundation account” under the umbrella of Canada Gives in a matter of days instead of the months it can take to set up an independent private foundation.
- Unlike other Donor Advised Funds, ours are customized so your client is in the driver’s seat.
- You manage the assets according to our IPS, not with a restricted list of investment options
It's Easier Than You Think
Advisors who recognize this trend and offer philanthropic services to their clients have a chance to:
- Add and retain long-term assets by managing you client’s complete financial plan
- Offer value-added services that tap into your client’s philanthropic dreams and aspirations
- Build upon current services with minimal day to day responsibilities (Canada Gives as the host administrator acts as the back-office to your clients foundation)
- Capitalize on succession opportunities –philanthropy is often multi-generational