Giving to Charities from Your Foundation Account
You Choose the Charities.
We Process the Gifts.
A Canada Gives Foundation account enables you to support the charities that are important to you over any period of time.
All of the donations that you make into your Canada Gives Foundation account are invested, and disbursements are made to the charities you select each year. These annual disbursements to charities are called GRANTS, and they do not generate a tax receipt.
How Much Can I Give Away Each Year
Canada Gives will calculate the minimum disbursement required by Canada Revenue Agency from your Foundation account at the end of each year. We will also provide a suggested maximum, calculated as the total investment growth from the prior year.
You decide the total amount to grant each year, and which charities to support. Canada Gives will do the rest.
Here’s How it Works
Processing Annual Grants
- Simply send us a list of the charities you have selected by email, fax or with a completed Grant Recommendation Form.
- Canada Gives completes the due diligence on the selected by the Foundation account holder
- Once each charity is approved, Canada Gives issues the cheque and sends a letter on behalf of the donor’s Foundation account, and tracks receipts from the recipient
- Each grant to every charity will be identified or held private according to the donor’s wishes.
- A complete listing of all the charities funded from your Foundation account are itemized for the current year on the Consolidated Quarterly Report; or a Grant Report that shows your funding by individual charity, can be generated specific to any time period