Account Set Up 1, 2, 3
Donor Advised Funds are easy to set up.
Canada Gives does all the administration, record keeping and reporting for your Foundation account, while you and your family manage and disburse funds according to your own philanthropic objectives, selecting the charities you wish to support every year.
Set up Your Foundation Account:
Canada Gives Does the Work:
- Canada Gives sends official tax receipts
- Canada Gives opens an investment account for your Foundation
- You can select the investment manager/advisor
- Canada Gives has a duty to monitor
- Canada Gives provides you with a quarterly Consolidated FoundationReport on all the activity in your account
Funding the Charities of Your Choice:
- You decide how much to give away (grant) each year
- You select the charities with a Grant Recommendation Form (pdf) Canada Gives issues cheques and sends letters to each charity and tracks receipts for these grants.
- You receive full recognition or privacy with each grant, according to your wishes.